Monday 25 August 2008

Fathers and Daughters

I have been left alone with my daughter (3.6666) and a billion instructions from my other half. Clean teeth, make sure she goes for a wee before bed, don't let axe wielding strangers in, no excursions to Everest without oxygen etc.

I'm sure mothers think that the father of their child is an irresponsible idiot and can't look after their child. Of course this is true since they would not have been attracted to such a boring old git in the first place. Which brings me back to daughters.

The best thing about having a daughter is the freedom you have after their mother has tried to change you. Every man has his inner child which, let's face it, isn't inner at all; thus faced with a daughter, and I imagine with a son, you can give this free reign and feel no restraint, as your daughter loves you and your behavior for that inner child.

I have to go now as I've just spotted a couple of Bengal tigers in the garden; me and Alice are off to go and pull thier tails to see if that's fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's just awesome. There's nothing better than being Daddy's little girl.

Swainson said...

Thank you. I umed and ahhed about posting as it's personnal then read finally and thought bollocks to it, post.

Elena said...

The funny thing is, I think half the reason I don't want to have children any sooner is that I live with a man honest enough about his not-so-inner child that it's almost like having one of my own...

But as another Daddy's Little Girl, it's the best!

Swainson said...

Have children when you're ready, not that you will ever be ready. Lucky you, an honest man, there's a rarity.

Now if I can just get

"if ever there was a wiz that was it's the wonderful wizard of oz"

out of my head I could tell you more about daughters. I'm off to bang my head against a wall. Repeatedly.